Wednesday, August 22, 2018

If you were to grow very tiny like the Lilliputians, what are the things you would like to do?

The Lilliputians didn't make the best use of their tiny stature, as they tended to be petty and spend their time squabbling and taking offense over silly things. I would hope not to do that if I shrank to six inches.
And, as the other answer says, you need to look into your own heart and soul to see what would most please you to do if very small.
For me, I might want to buy a doll house to live in. I'd want to stay away from predators, so, as much as I'd love to explore nature at six inches tall, I probably wouldn't. It might be fun, however, to travel abroad in a friend's pocket: free trips, and I'd probably have more space, relatively speaking, to move around in an airplane seat! I'd also love to slip into the White House or the Congress and eavesdrop!


In Gulliver's Travels, the Lilliputians were six inches tall. For reference, use a ruler and cut it in half—that is the height of a Lilliputian. In this assignment your instructor wants you to use your imagination. My answers will be different than yours—I am sure that the answers of your classmates will be different than yours as well.
One thing that you should be concerned with is your own safety. The people of Lilliput could survive well since everything in their world was also scaled down to their height. I am not sure if you have this luxury. Some safe things I would like to do as someone who is six inches tall include looking for things lost under the sofa, winning multiple games of hide-and-seek with my children, and going camping in a shoe. Your list may involve more outside adventures or even fun activities with your pets, especially since you will be smaller than the average dog and cat. Use your imagination and give details about each activity. This should earn you a good score on the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the theme of the chapter Lead?

Primo Levi's complex probing of the Holocaust, including his survival of Auschwitz and pre- and post-war life, is organized around indiv...