Monday, October 6, 2014

In Tuesdays With Morrie, who do you think got more out of their Tuesday meetings, Mitch or Morrie?

This question could be endlessly debated. It is possible to defend that Mitch got more out of his time with his former professor because of all of the life lessons that he got to learn; however, I think it is equally possible to say that Morrie got more out of it. Anecdotally, I get more personal satisfaction from teaching and coaching than I ever did from the actual learning of my knowledge. Mitch is giving Morrie one more opportunity to convey his wisdom and be a teacher. While we might not see him express much gratitude regarding that fact, I believe it has to be there. Mitch's time spent with Morrie gave Morrie the chance to not think about his own mortality and upcoming death. I firmly believe that Morrie got just as much out of the relationship as Mitch got out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the theme of the chapter Lead?

Primo Levi's complex probing of the Holocaust, including his survival of Auschwitz and pre- and post-war life, is organized around indiv...