Saturday, May 13, 2017

Why does Anne thinks that she will be a strong person one day? Explain your answer with examples.

Anne already knows that she is a strong person. She has to be to endure the constant fear, dangers, and privations of life in the secret annex. Anne's personality, despite her tender years, and despite the parlous state of her predicament, is inherently strong. But what makes her even stronger is that she has goals in life. Anne is determined that she will get through her present ordeal and go on to lead the kind of life which most of us take for granted. Even in the midst of so much fear and trepidation, Anne is still able to remain strong and keep her eyes firmly fixed on the prize. After a terrifying break-in at the secret annex, Anne rededicates herself to fulfilling her goals with even greater determination than before, as we see in this diary entry from April 11, 1944:

I know what I want, I have a goal, I have opinions, a religion and love. If only I can be myself, I’ll be satisfied. I know that I’m a woman, a woman with inner strength and a great deal of courage! If God lets me live, I’ll achieve more than Mother ever did, I’ll make my voice heard, I’ll go out into the world and work for mankind! I now know that courage and happiness are needed first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is the theme of the chapter Lead?

Primo Levi's complex probing of the Holocaust, including his survival of Auschwitz and pre- and post-war life, is organized around indiv...